Race Engine Technology - Issue 134
Order Your Copy Now
Are you a petrol head?
If so, you should have a subscription to Race Engine Technology. It is one of our favourite magazines, and it is chock full of in depth technical articles.
$27.50 inc gst posted to your door
All printed issues are now being treated with the Cellomed anti-microbial coating. This coating is specifically designed to stop the spread of bacteria on printed matter. It employs a silver-based formulation to protect against the survival of microorganisms on the print surface. Its anti-bacterial, anti-viral and anti-fungal properties will not diminish throughout the life of the magazine.
Highlights in this issue include a dossier on the Init Racing Mercedes M119 v8 twin turbo and we talk to Bill Miller about his views on the latest developments in ignition systems for top-level drag racing. We look at the challenge of Land Speed Racing as well as Nostalgia Nitro Funny Cars. Our focus articles explore engine sealing, heads and blocks. We have the latest instalment of e-Race Power Expo, our report on the 24 Hour Prototype engines 2021 and much more...
RACE ENGINE TECHNOLOGY 134 September/October 2021
- Intro: THE EDITOR - The allure of re-engineering race engine gems from the past
- Grid: IN THE NEWS - How Toyota came to dominate at Le Mans this year, Unico discusses its race engine simulator, and more…
- Opinion: BILL MILLER - Bill Miller has forthright views on the latest developments in ignition systems for top-level drag racing
- Dossier: INIT RACING MERCEDES M119 V8 TWIN TURBO - Ian Bamsey explores a recent rebirth of arguably the greatest Group C engine of them all
- Holeshot: NOSTALGIA NITRO FUNNY CAR - They may look like replicas of their forebears but under the bodies these dragsters run many modern components. Luke Robinson reports
- Focus: ENGINE SEALING - Matt Grant looks at the materials and applications for some of the more common types of seals and gaskets used in race engines
- Challenge Of: LAND SPEED RACING - Speed record supremo Ken Duttweiler talks to Wayne Ward about the unique nature of his engines and how they are used in George Poteet’s Speed Demon streamliner
- Report: 24-HOUR PROTOTYPE ENGINES 2021 - Ian Bamsey offers our annual review of the Prototype engines in action at the Daytona and Le Mans 24-hour races. With additional research by Anne Proffit in the USA
- Focus: HEADS AND BLOCKS - Changes to motorsport engine architectures pose challenges to head and block design. Wayne Ward explains what they are
- E-RACE POWER EXPO - IHI Corporation develops a turbocharger specifically for fuel cells, and how NAWA Technologies is using nanotubes to improve the performance of batteries
- PS: WEIGEL-AUDI GROUP C2 TURBO - We chart the ups and downs of this Le Mans engine from the 1980s and explain why it was ultimately unsuccessful