Highlights in this issue include a conversation with Luca Marmorini, the designer responsible for drawing up most of the latest Formula One engine regulations. A Dossier on AUDI R18 4.0 Litre V6 TDI, the challenges of Super GT500, a report on PRI 2016, a insight into Cosworth’s half-century of top-level motorsport power plants, focuses on fuel pumps and the advent of fuel flow regulations, and an insight into 100 issues of RET: the past, present and future of Race Engine Technology.
Issue 100 - February 2017
- Intro: THE EDITOR - As we notch up our first 100 issues it’s time to take stock of the often surprising journey through cutting-edge powertrain developments
- Grid: IN THE NEWS - The Bloodhound SSC edges ever-closer to its land speed record bid, Elite Performance reverts to GM Pro Stock power, and much more…
- In Conversation: LUCA MARMORINI - Lawrence Butcher talks to the fourth and final designer responsible for drawing up most of the latest Formula One engine regulations
- Dossier: AUDI R18 4.0 LITRE V6 TDI - Ulrich Baretzky gives Ian Bamsey an exclusive in-depth insight into Audi’s Le Mans 4.0 litre V6 turbodiesel developed for the current fuel flow-based efficiency formula
- Focus: ADVANCED MATERIALS - Dr Dave Cooper examines recent developments in metallic and non-metallic materials and processing for powertrain applications
- Challenge Of: SUPER GT500 - As with Formula One, cars in the Japanese GT500 class are subject to fuel flow regulations. Lawrence Butcher explains their impact on engine design
- Report: PRI 2016 - Ian Bamsey presents his pick of the new products on show at the recent Performance Racing Industry event
- Insight: COSWORTH - Matt Grant toasts Cosworth’s half-century of top-level motorsport power plants by charting its progress from the iconic DFV to the CA and beyond
- Focus: FUEL PUMPS - The advent of fuel flow regulations means efficient fuel pumps are more important than ever. Stewart Mitchell reviews the design options
- Insight: 100 ISSUES OF RET - Ian Bamsey considers the past, present and future of Race Engine Technology
- PS: BLOODHOUND SSC - What goes into designing the fuel system for a car destined
to achieve 1000 mph?