Fel-Pro® Performance Gaskets deliver reliable sealing under gruelling racing conditions
- Fel-Pro® Performance head gaskets accommodate the high cylinder pressures and cylinder head movement associated with performance engines.
- The latest development in Fel-Pro Performance head gasket technology is the PermaTorque®MLS (multi-layer steel) series.
- Strategically located sealing beads surround the combustion chamber and coolant passages concentrating clamp load to prevent leakage.
- Retains sealing integrity in engines that experience significant scrubbing and movement due to dissimilar materials (such as aluminium heads on a cast iron
- Not intended for use in emission controlled vehicles.
Part Type: Head Gasket
Mfg: GM Performance
Engine Family: Chevrolet V8 Big Block
Engine Displacement: 396, 402, 427, 454, 502, 510, 540, 572
Bore Size (in.): 4.380
Thickness (in.): 0.041
Combustion Chamber Volume (cc): 10.60
Combustion Seal Design: MLS bore bead
Materials/Construction: PermaTorqueMLS® multi-layer steel
Application Notes: Suitable for marine applications
Product Notes: Fits Gen IV pass. car and H/P block; Pre-1971 blocks may require modification; Fits Gen IV truck and Bow Tie block; Fits Gen V block; Fits Gen VI block; One coolant hole per end; Three lower coolant holes; Minimal brinelling of aluminium heads