Crane Cams Mechanical Flat Tappet Lifters Suit Ford Small Block 289, 302, 351 Windsor & Cleveland, 460 Big Block
- Part # 99257-16
- Lifter Style: Mechanical flat tappet
- Lifter Outside Diameter (in): 0.875 in.
- Lifter Offset: None
- Quantity: Sold as a set of 16
- Maximum RPM: 8,500 rpm
Crane mechanical lifters are manufactured from premium-grade alloyed materials selected for their compatibility with camshaft lobes. They are precision-machined for optimum in-bore concentricity and should be used in applications when hydraulic cams would surpass their maximum rpm potential. Mechanical (solid) lifters have no hydraulic mechanism to pump-up. Theoretically, with the correct cam and engine components, a mechanical lifter cam has an rpm potential of 8,000 to 8,500 rpm.
* Mechanical lifters cannot be used on a hydraulic design cam
* Mechanical lifters are noisier than hydraulics
* The engine must have an adjustable valve train system
* Valve lash must be set, periodically checked, and maintained
*Photo for illustration purposes only, actual product may vary