FORD 351C - 460 CRAB CAP DISTRIBUTOR
Low profile, magnetic pickup distributor ideal for clearing blower snouts, and for any application where height is critical.
Suit Ford 302-351C and 429-460.
Will NOT fit 302-351 Cleveland XD Falcon - Onwards with 12.5mm shaft diameter
Ford owners with distributor clearance issues due to blowers, air cleaners, or any other parts interference will love MSD's low profile, crab cap style distributor. The use of a crab cap allows the spark plug wires to exit the side of the distributor cap significantly lowering the overall height. Ford crab cap distributors are built on the proven foundation of the MSD Pro-Billet distributor line. They rely on MSD's race proven magnetic pickup and precision reluctor to deliver accurate trigger signals to the MSD Ignition throughout high rpm. The reluctor assembly is turned by a hardened steel shaft which rides in a sealed ball bearing for high rpm stability and endurance. Mounted to the top of this shaft is a fully adjustable mechanical advance assembly.
- Low Profile, crab cap for optimal clearance in tight areas
- Supplied with a STEEL distributor gear, compatible with MOST hydraulic roller cam applications
- Must be used with an MSD Ignition Control
- Nylon pads ensure smooth operation of the advance weights
- Advance weight pins are staked and tig welded to the plate for strength and durability
- Mechanical advance assembly can be locked out for crank trigger systems
- Advance plate and weights are fine blanked from chrome moly steel and QPQ coated for friction reduction
- Polished steel shaft is QPQ coated and guided by a sealed ball bearing
- Maintenance-free magnetic pickup and precision reluctor create stable trigger signals throughout the rpm range
- CNC machined billet aluminium housing and billet aluminium base
- Easy-to-adjust mechanical advance with supplied springs and stop bushings provide the ability to create a timing curve perfect for your engine