Top Ten Reasons for Camshaft & Lifter Failure
Have you ever had a camshaft fail and wondered why?
Check out this video from Comp Cams where they lists the Top Ten Reasons for Camshaft & Lifter Failure.
Proper maintenance is key to extending the life of your cam and lifters.
If you need any Comp Cams products, give our sales team a call on 07 3808 1986
Here is the top ten list
1. Coil bind
2. Retainer to valve stem bind
3. Improper valve train control
4. Ignition cut rev limiters
5. Improper cleaning of roller lifters
6. Oil contamination
7. Insufficient oiling or high oil temperatures
8. Improper break in of flat tappets
9. Improper break in of roller lifters
10. Mechanical interference
Now watch the video for a detailed reason for each one.